Nguyen Hung Quang is the Founder and Managing Partner of NHQuang&Associates from 2004.
Quang is currently the President of Vietnam International Commercial Mediation Center (VICMC) – the first commercial mediation center in Viet Nam. He is also a mediator certified by the Centre for Effective Dispute Resolution (CEDR) of UK (2018).
Quang possesses deep experience in policy consultancy on institutional changes and public system reform such as research on the Vietnamese court system, lawyer roles, administrative procedure reform, development projects. In addition, he has usually been invited to engage in the research and assessment of policy and law implementation, legal research framework development for international organizations, state agencies of Viet Nam and social and educational organizations. He also provides consultancy on corporate restructure, corporate governance, and gives comments on law making process in Viet Nam in various fields and acts as facilitator between law makers and stakeholders.
Quang has been a member of the Advisory Board of Towards Transparency (since 2009), member of the Executive Council (term 2016-2019) of Viet Nam Society of International Law (VSIL), and member of the Executive Board (term 2015-2018) of Vietnam Business Lawyers Club. He was elected and appointed as the Vice President of VSIL for the term 2020-2015 from late 2020.
Quang was the visiting scholar at the Department of Business Law and Taxation of Monash University, Australia (2008), at Law School of Melbourne University (2000, 2003, 2014, 2019) and at Deakin University of Law School (2000). He also participated in Stanford Summer Fellow on Democracy, Development and the Rule of Law Program, Stanford University, United States of America in 2006 and the Wrongful Conviction Program by New York University School of Law in 2017.
With more than 25 years of practising as a lawyer, Quang focuses on consulting on contracts, activities related to foreign direct investment, M&A, corporate restructure, construction, energy, mineral, environment, real estates and insurance. He also engages in dispute resolution by negotiation, mediation, arbitration (domestically and internationally) and at court.
In addition to the clients’ trust in his excellent work quality, Quang is widely known through various academic and practising studies published domestically and internationally. His research works can be found on the internet or are available at www.vnlawfind.com.vn.
Direct & Indirect Investment
Merger & Acquisition
Construction & Real Estate Business
Infrastructure & Public Private Partnership
Mineral & Energy
HR Management & Employment
Internet & New Media
Policy Research & Advocacy Compliance Monitoring
MBA (cum laude), United Business Institute, Belgium (2006-2007)
LLB, Ha Noi Law University (1991-1996)
Vietnam Society of International Law (VSIL)
Vietnam International Center for Commercial Mediation (VICMC)
Viet Nam Business Lawyers Club (VBLC)
Ha Noi Bar Association
The Law Association for Asia and the Pacific
– Between authoritarian governance and urban citizenship: Tree-felling protests in Hanoi, Nguyen Hung Quang and John Gillespie, Urban Studies 2018
– Independence, Impartiality and Integrity of the Judiciary in Vietnam, Pip. Nicholson and Nguyen Hung Quang, Asia-Pacific Judiciaries, Independence, Impartiality and Integrity, H.P.Lee, Marilyn Pittard (Ed.), Monash University, Victoria, 2018
– Chapter 5: General skills of lawyers in providing legal services, Nguyen Hung Quang et al., Lawyers’ Handbook Volume 1 (handbook on Lawyers and Lawyer practising), Vietnam Bar Federation, 2017
– Chapter 4: Mergers & Acquisitions Consulting, Nguyen Hung Quang et al., Lawyer Handbook volume 3 (skills and knowledge for commercial law), Vietnam Bar Federation, 2017
– Diagnosis of Viet Nam’s economic growth, Nguyen Hung Quang et al., Central Economic Committee, 2016
– An Historical Overview of Land Law and Land Disputes in Vietnam, Nguyen Hung Quang and Toan Le, Resolving Land Disputes in East Asia: Exploring the Limits of Law, Hualing Fu & John Gillespie (Ed), Cambridge University Press, 2014
– Legal diffusion: the role of non-state actors in shaping the regulatory environment in Vietnam, Nguyen Hung Quang in “Legal Development in East Asia: China – Viet Nam Compared), Routledge Publishing House, Albert Chen and John Gillespie (Ed.), 2010
– Lawyers and Prosecutors under Legal Reform in Vietnam: The Problem of Equality, Nguyen Hung Quang, Vietnam’s New Order, International Perspectives on the State and Reform in Vietnam, Stéphanie Balme and Mark Sidel (ed.), 2006.
– Ideology and professionalism: the resurgence of the Vietnamese bar, Nguyen Hung Quang and Kerstin Steiner, Asian Socialism and Legal Change – The Dynamics of Vietnamese and Chinese Reform, Australian National University, 2005
– The Vietnamese Judiciary: The Politics of Appointment and Promotion. Nguyen Hung Quang & Dr. Penelope (Pip) Nicholson, Pac Rim Journal of Law and Policy, Volume 14.1, University of Washington, 2005
– Notes and Commentaries: New Environmental Protection Regulations and Agreements for Vietnam’s Coal Industry. Nguyen Hung Quang and Dr. Thomas Slocum, Dr. Nguyen Si Quy, Asia Pacific Journal of Environmental Law, Volume 3, Kluwer Law International Publishing House, 1998.