Quang is the Founder and Managing Partner of NHQuang&Associates.
He possesses a deep experience in policy consultancy on institutional changes and public system reform such as research on Vietnamese court system, lawyer roles, administrative procedure reform, development projects. In addition, he conducts policy and law assessment and implementation, research framework development, TOR construction and comment. And he also provides privatization consultancy such as drafting and commenting legislations on entrepreneurs and acts as facilitator between law makers, implementation agencies, and beneficiaries. In addition, Quang is an expert in M&A, investment, energy-environment, contract, corporate governance, Telecommunication & Communication, branding, insurance, public-private partnership.
Quang is also a member of Advisory Board, Transparency International in Vietnam (Towards Transparency, since March 2009), a Vietnamese non-profit and non-governmental organization and member of Governing Board of the Center for Social Entrepreneurship Development (Spark Center), initiated by the Netherlands Development Organization (SNV).
Quang was the visiting scholar at Law School of Monash University, Australia in 2008, at Law School of Melbourne University in 2000 and at Deakin University of Law School in 2000, participated in Stanford Summer Fellow on Democracy, Development and the Rule of Law Program, Stanford University, United States of America in 2006. In 2017, he joined Wrongful Conviction Program by New York University School of Law.
In a recent training course first held by CEDR in Viet Nam in 2018, an international mediation center located in London, Quang is one among the few lawyers successfully completing the program with the Certificate of International Accredited Mediator.
Direct & Indirect Investment
Corporate Matter, Merger & Acquisition, Insolvency
Construction & Real Estate Business
Infrastructure & Public Private Partnership
Mineral & Energy
Human Resource Management & Employment
Internet and New Media Education & Training
Policy Research & Advocacy
MBA, United Business Institute, Belgium (2006-2007)
LLB, Hanoi Law University (1991-1996)
Chairman of Vietnam International Commercial Mediation Centre
Standing Committee of Vietnam Society of International Law
The Law Association for Asia and the Pacific
Ha Noi Bar Association
– Between authoritarian governance and urban citizenship: Tree-felling protests in Hanoi, Nguyen Hung Quang and John Gillespie, Urban Studies 2018
– Independence, Impartiality and Integrity of the Judiciary in Vietnam, Pip. Nicholson and Nguyen Hung Quang, Asia-Pacific Judiciaries, Independence, Impartiality and Integrity, H.P.Lee, Marilyn Pittard (Ed.), Monash University, Victoria, 2018
– Chapter 5: General skills of lawyers in providing legal services, Nguyen Hung Quang et al., Lawyers’ Handbook Volume 1 (handbook on Lawyers and Lawyer practising), Vietnam Bar Federation, 2017
– Chapter 4: Mergers & Acquisitions Consulting, Nguyen Hung Quang et al., Lawyer Handbook volume 3 (skills and knowledge for commercial law), Vietnam Bar Federation, 2017
– Diagnosis of Viet Nam’s economic growth, Nguyen Hung Quang et al., Central Economic Committee, 2016
– An Historical Overview of Land Law and Land Disputes in Vietnam, Nguyen Hung Quang and Toan Le, Resolving Land Disputes in East Asia: Exploring the Limits of Law, Hualing Fu & John Gillespie (Ed), Cambridge University Press, 2014
– Legal diffusion: the role of non-state actors in shaping the regulatory environment in Vietnam, Nguyen Hung Quang in “Legal Development in East Asia: China – Viet Nam Compared), Routledge Publishing House, Albert Chen and John Gillespie (Ed.), 2010
– Lawyers and Prosecutors under Legal Reform in Vietnam: The Problem of Equality, Nguyen Hung Quang, Vietnam’s New Order, International Perspectives on the State and Reform in Vietnam, Stéphanie Balme and Mark Sidel (ed.), 2006.
– Ideology and professionalism: the resurgence of the Vietnamese bar, Nguyen Hung Quang and Kerstin Steiner, Asian Socialism and Legal Change – The Dynamics of Vietnamese and Chinese Reform, Australian National University, 2005
– The Vietnamese Judiciary: The Politics of Appointment and Promotion. Nguyen Hung Quang & Dr. Penelope (Pip) Nicholson, Pac Rim Journal of Law and Policy, Volume 14.1, University of Washington, 2005
– Notes and Commentaries: New Environmental Protection Regulations and Agreements for Vietnam’s Coal Industry. Nguyen Hung Quang and Dr. Thomas Slocum, Dr. Nguyen Si Quy, Asia Pacific Journal of Environmental Law, Volume 3, Kluwer Law International Publishing House, 1998.