Among several projects undertaken by NHQuang&Associates, capacity building is one of the major areas. Our team has helped to improve capacity of various beneficiaries, ranging from corporate sector to non-profit organisation. The below are some of our recent assignments:
- Technical support for Action to the Community Development Centre (ACDC), sponsored by JPP-JIFF (2014 – 2015).
– February – March 2014: NHQuang&Associates provided technical assistance to ACDC Legal Clinic. After meetings with ACDC and JIFF to assess the situation of ACDC, our experts made a due diligence report of ACDC’s situation and capacity of management and consultancy. Trainings related to administrative work, management and monitoring of legal consultancy quality of ACDC were provided in line with mobile legal consultancy sessions. Our lawyers also provided trainings for ACDC’s legal consultants with skills of drafting legal opinions, lawsuit/complaint/denunciation petitions; skills of researching documents and case files; skills of searching for legal documents and other necessary skills at ACDC’s proposal.
– October 2014 – January 2015: Under JIFF’s sponsor, NHQuang&Associates implemented the project on “Establishing ACDC Legal Clinic as a standard legal clinic”. The project aimed at establishing and applying a quality management tool kit in the form of Regulations for ACDC Legal Clinic according to the criteria of a standard legal service provider. Particularly, NHQuang&Associates formulated the Regulations for operations of ACDC Legal Clinic; piloted, reviewed and completed the Regulations through training and practicing activities; trainings ACDC staff on the Regulations; and supported ACDC in implementing the Regulations through assessment and proposal of recommendations.
- Legal Clinic Workshop: Training on capacity building for management and implementation of on-site legal consultancy organised by JPP-JIFF (October 2014). From the study of management and operation model of some legal consultancy centers of social organizations and under JIFF’s support, NHQuang&Associates conducted trainings to improve management and implementation capacity with respect to on-site legal consultancy for 18 social organizations in Vietnam. The trainings helped them understand the roles and identify the vision, missions, and strategies for their legal clinic/center; the roles and methods to set up Operational Charter/Statutes of the legal consultancy clinic/center; the roles and methods to set up and manage the trade mark of a legal consultancy center; and participation of legal consultancy centers/ NGOs in policy advocacy.
- Review of researches and surveys approved by JIFF to develop a publication for distribution at JIFF Final Stakeholder Workshop (02/2015 – 03/2015). In May 2014 JPP-JIFF Steering Committee approved the Secretariat to develop a publication for distribution at JIFF Final Stakeholder Workshop. The objectives of the research publication include: (1) To produce a handbook summarizing all projects facilitated by JIFF and implemented by grantee partners since inception of JIFF in 2010; (2) To raise awareness amongst key stakeholders, including donors, government officials and other stakeholders of the key issues and emerging priorities that have arisen from implementation of JIFF projects and researches; (3) To highlight the potential issues for further study and to be considered for further targeted programming. NHQuang&Associates reviewed all JIFF-approved researches and surveys, especially given policy recommendations, and provided supports to JIFF grantees so that they could work to summarise their research/survey report in a proper manner.
- Cooperation with the Center for Social Initiatives Promotion (CSIP) in activities of capacity building: From 2013 until now, NHQuang&Associates has cooperated with CSIP to implement series of activities in relation to improvement of capacity for stakeholders. We drafted two manuals including “Legal book for social enterprises” and “Legal Manual for Investors into Social enterprises” (The first manual includes the contents related to issues of enterprise management and operation, personnel and financial management. The book aims to help improve understanding of social enterprises for selecting the appropriate form and manners of enterprise management); cooperated with CSIP to organise training courses for social enterprises being CSIP’s members in terms of legal knowledge and corporate management skills. NHQuang&Associates and CSIP also signed an agreement on supporting to advise and answer to legal issues of enterprises under CSIP. Awe have advised several enterprises being CSIP members such as VeXeRe.com, Reach Center… and other related associations and organizations in terms of organizational structure and corporate governance.
- Improving competition capacity for café & warehouse sector through reforming legal issues and administrative procedures, the International Finance Company (a subsidiary of World Bank) (2009-2013). In the program, we studied the practical situation of café & warehouse enterprises and related agencies; revised related legal documents to identify barriers and advantages; recommended solution for reform in order to improve competition capacity of stakeholders; provided a credit line for Techcombank and/or make equity investment into warehouse in agriculture sector business in Vietnam, seeing it as way to improve the competiveness of the agriculture business sector in Vietnam; provided advisory services to improve the use of warehouse, standard, performance of warehouse to improve the quality of agriculture products.