- “The Right to Adoption of LGBT in Vietnam – Situation and Recommendation” under Project of “Support to Strengthen Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender (LGBT) CSOs in Vietnam”, 2014. The project raised the initiative of studying the right to child rearing and adoption of LGBT in Vietnam; based on both qualitative and quantitative method to analyze the real situation, identify demand, and propose relevant recommendations for policy making, contributing to the advocacy for the rights of LGBT in Vietnam.
- Project “Research and Advocacy for Improved Access of Family Members to Pre-trial Detainees”, Swiss FDFA (12/2012-12/2013), in collaboration with CRIGHTS under the Law Faculty of Hanoi National University. National Consultant. The Project aims to conduct an assessment of current legal and practical conditions of family members’ access to pre-trail detainees, and to engage in advocacy to improve the visitation rights of detainees and their families. Particular work includes: carry out research on the national legal framework regulating the conditions of pre-trial detainees in Vietnam; review international standards for the treatment of detainees and related instruments and compare with Vietnamese regulations; conduct a survey of the actual conditions of pre-trial conditions and the state of implementation of the national legal standards; present the findings and elaborate recommendations for amendments of relevant legislation and for improvements; present the project results in public and hold consultations with stakeholders.
- Initiatives to Increase Protection of Women’s Land rights in Vietnam, Project “Empowerment of Women to Claim their Land Rights” (Project 61404), UNDP (6/2013). Implement proposed initiatives and experiment possible solution and mechanism in empowering women to claim their rights at a small scale of Quang Ninh Province; document the results, lessons learnt and recommendations, assess the roll-out programs; and holding project seminar for finalizing report
- The Availability of Legal Services for People Living With HIV and Key Populations –UNDP/UNAIDS Vietnam, 2011-2012. Provide an overall picture about legal services in Vietnam in general and legal services for people living with HIV in particular; to determine the demand for legal services of people living with HIV and affected communities, especially those with high risks; study the advantages and disadvantages to develop legal services for people living with HIV and affected communities; and propose and recommend solutions to develop and improve these legal services in Vietnam.
- Access to Justice in Vietnam from a People’s Perspective – An Updated Survey sponsored by UNDP Vietnam (2010). Conducting an in-depth-survey over 1,000 people in 6 selected provinces; providing the final Report on “Access to Justice in Vietnam from A People’s Perspective” which gives assessment of the results of the 2003 Survey, assessment of major changes in economic, political and social conditions that may affect access to justice, assessment of changes in people’s perception on access to justice as surveyed; and the development of methodology to measure the status of access to justice through survey of people’s perception.
- The Right to Counsel in Vietnamese Criminal Law and Practice sponsored by UNDP Vietnam (2009). Conducting a survey and providing a Report on the right to counsel in Vietnamese Criminal Law and Practice, which indicates the relevant legal framework, the institutional arrangements in Vietnam for access to counsel, the analysis of research from questionnaires, seminars, and interview, and presents key findings and recommendations
- Gender Equality in the Court System and Its Impacts to Human Right Protection under the Program of Support to Legal and Judicial Reforms in Vietnam Phase III (JOPSO III). Performing a survey of gender equality inside the court system and its implications to the court users and providing various trainings for the judges nationwide on new accusatory procedures in the hearing, enterprise law and arbitration.